At the start of each and every month I bring you a list of free things to do in London. From outdoor ideas to free events, you will find something that suits you and helps out your budget. July is usually a scorching month in London, and so it’s a fantastic time to get outside and make the most of everything that London has to offer outdoors.
Here I have put together 8 free things to do in London in July, I would love to hear if you try any of them.
1) Maltby Street Market is located close to Bermondsey station, and is a must for foodies- the street is full of independent food and drink stalls. If you are hoping to make this a free day out, don’t worry, there are always a ton of free samples to try!
2) Roller skating lessons run for free with London Friday Night Skate with marshalled street skating on both a Friday night and a Sunday afternoon. If you can stop, turn and control your speed on hills, this is perfect for balmy summer evening fun.
3) Pride in London runs from 9th June – 7th July, with free events throughout. The Pride parade through the streets of London is on 7th July from 12pm- keep checking their website to find out the route on the day. The theme this year is Pride Matters (#pridematters).
4) Underbelly Festival Southbank is back for its 10th year and runs through the summer months from 6th April- 30th September, you can enter the festival for free, so soak up the atmosphere with a drink or two on the Thames!
5) Greenwich & Docklands International Festival (GDIF) begins on 22nd June and ends on 7th July, it is one of the largest outdoor arts festivals- entry is free and you can watch theatre, dance, art installations and dancing. The Thames is also a sight to behold, the river is lit up by a dramatic light display so it’s a great idea to visit in the evening.
6) Primrose Hill is a stunning place to visit during the summer months, with sky line views and green grass for miles. Not to mention some adorable pubs and cafés along the way. Why not take a picnic and spend an afternoon there for free?
7) Angel Comedy Club offers free comedy every night of the week at Camden Head in Islington. Angel Comedy Club believe that free comedy benefits the local community and they want to support new comedians on their journey.
8) Walk past the entrance and you could miss Neal’s Yard, it is a colourful nook of London filled with beautiful little shops. To make this a free thing to do in London, you will have to avoid any spending (!) but it’s the perfect Instagram hot spot.
Keep your eyes peeled for the August installment of Free Things to do in London, available from 1st August.
Neal’s Yard, Covent Garden