At the start of each and every month I bring you a list of free and fun things to do in London. From outdoor ideas to free events, you will find something that suits you and helps out your budget.
October is here! I seem to say this at the start of every month but- where has this year gone?! This October sees me turn 26, and it is the third birthday that I will celebrate in the capital. I love London in autumn, and this is the perfect month to wonder at all the colours that autumn in London brings. I’m definitely going to take a free trip this month to the Barbican Conservatory (see point 2) to get some indoor plant inspiration- what will you try out?
Here I have put together 10 free and fun things to do in London in October, I would love to hear if you try any of them.
1) Check out the Yayoi Kusama exhibition at Victoria Miro, Hoxton. Entry is completely free, and you get to see her works in all of their polka-dotted glory. There is even an infinity mirror room with a paper lantern installation which gives you yet another reason to head to this exhibition.
2) As autumn truly sets in, it’s the most wonderful time of the year to soak up the city. Head to your favourite park in London (mine is Richmond Park), crunch through the fallen leaves and take in all of the colours of autumn.
3) The Barbican Conservatory is open on select weekends in October, including 7th, 21st and 28th October. Admission is completely free to this beautiful oasis in the city.
4) October is the perfect time to hide from the rain and explore some free galleries- why not try the National Portrait Gallery this month?
5) Did you know London has its very own Oktoberfest in Finsbury Park? You can even get free general admission tickets on selected Thursdays and Sundays from 18th October. Find out about selected dates here.
6) Do you have a small business? The London Business show has free entry, where you could also exhibit and advertise your business and also get the chance to network with others. It’s on 31st October from 5:30pm.
7) Fancy doing something new this month? Finished watching Bodyguard on BBC and now fancy yourself as the next big actor or actress? You can head to this free acting workshop with a performance. It’s on Sunday 7th October from 4pm.
8) Take yourself and some friends on one of London’s Free Ghost Tours, the tour is free, but it is customary to tip your tour guide for their time and expertise.
9) Diwali on the Square- on the 28th October Trafalgar Square celebrates Diwali with lights and performances aplenty, not to mention delicious Southeast Asian food.
10) Fancy giving yourself a scare on Halloween? Check out these frightful most haunted places in London and see whether you can sense any paranormal activity!
Have you got any other free and fun things to do in London this October? Leave a comment with your tips!